.

.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Entry Door Project… Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ROCKS!


Is this not the dreariest door color you have ever seen? I thought so, too!

Have you ever heard of or used chalk paint? OH MY GAWD!!!!! It is amazing. No sanding, no stripping, no priming, and it will cover ANYTHING. Seriously, this stuff rocks and I am now totally addicted to this product. I've been playing around with it for about a month, little projects here and there.

So I decided to tackle something a little more substantial… our new entry door.

I used Annie Sloan's Emperor's Silk and finished with a dark wax. The process is very simple. You paint (one or two coats, I've never needed more), wax and then buff for a nice satin sheen. I used dark wax to give the door more character. Red is our accent color, so I thought, why not?! I have always wanted a red front door… since I was a kid. It's the little things in life that give me pleasure :)

Here is the door with the first coat of paint, nearly dry…



And here it is, finished…

Voila! Rustic red. I'm in heaven.

You can't buy this paint just anywhere. You won't find it at Lowe's or Home Depot. You have to get it from an independent distributor and it IS costly. But a little goes a very long way and the results are outstanding. It's so easy to use, non-toxic and totally fun. I got my paint from The Purple Painted Lady. Excellent customer service. She will answer any questions you have about your project, too!

On another note, we have decided to hire a professional to help us take down the godforsaken wallpaper! It is really just too daunting a task. So happy that that project is off our plates. Then I can do more fun things…. like CHALK PAINT! 

Toodles,
Helyn

No comments:

Post a Comment